I am very excited to share this month’s vendor interview! Kiss Me Cakes is a custom cake business located in Hope Mills, North Carolina. Their wedding cakes are absolutely beautiful and they taste just as wonderful! Sheila Hanrick opened Kiss Me Cakes in 2009 and has designed many incredible cakes for brides and grooms (including some of my own couples!) all over Fayetteville and the surrounding area. In addition to wedding cakes, her bakery also provides custom cakes for other special occasions and events. Cupcakes are a Kiss Me Cakes staple item – and they are delicious! :) Read all about Kiss Me Cakes in Sheila’s exclusive interview below!
Sheila Hanrick of Kiss Me Cakes
Located in: Hope Mills, North Carolina
Facebook: Kiss Me Cakes
Location: 4251 Legion Road Suite 125 – Hope Mills, NC
Tuesday through Friday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Closed on Sunday and Monday
I am a true Southern lady who was born and raised right here in Cumberland County. I love creating custom cakes to share in the special moments of people’s lives. I am honored that clients allow myself and my business to be a part of their celebration.
1. How did you first get started designing wedding cakes?
I love weddings and cake design. I had always wanted to decorate cakes so I took a few classes at night and found that I had a knack for it. After I practiced a lot, I decided to create a website to offer my services for wedding cake design. I still remember my first bride and the excitement of that first wedding cake.
2. What services do you provide to brides?
3. What inspires you?
4. What is the most rewarding part of what you do?
5. How did you name your business?
I love music (especially Broadway musicals) and play the piano and sing. I was looking at old songs one day and came across “Kiss Me Kate” and had an “aha” moment. Thus, Kiss Me Cakes was born.
6. What unique quality or qualities do you possess that sets you apart from other cake designers?
7. What is the most unique cake you have created?
I did a gold Oriental themed cake that was covered in cherry blossoms with two kissing sugar cranes on top of the cake. It was beautiful and elegant.
8. What is the best advice you can give for a bride and groom selecting a wedding cake?
9. Besides creating amazing cakes, what else do you do with your time?
10. Anything else you would like our readers to know about you?